Rates & Policies

lineman on power pole wavingSpringfield Utility Board (SUB) bills monthly for water and electricity used in the previous month. As a convenience, your bill also shows City of Springfield sewer charges. That way, you need to write only one check for your electricity, water, and sewer/stormwater, and the City (and its taxpayers), saves significantly on the cost of mailing statements.

Your bill is based on your consumption as recorded by your household water and electric meters from the first day of the billing cycle to the last. It shows how much that usage costs given current electric and water rates. Visit our How to Read Your Bill page to see a sample SUB bill, which includes a guide to reading your bill.


Customer Service Policies

Please note: SUB policies are created under the direction of the utility’s 5-member elected Board of Directors. Policies are subject to administrative staff procedures that address current technology, customer trends, and needs. If you have a specific question about a policy or a procedure, please call SUB at (541) 746-8451 for assistance.

Download the Customer Service Policy 2-1-2023 (PDF).

Green Power

SUB also offers green power through its ECOchoice program. ECOchoice is an affordable, flexible and convenient way to power your home with renewable, sustainable energy. For more information, visit our ECOchoice page.

Payment & Billing Options

You have several options when paying your bill, including paying via automatic withdrawal, in person, or by mail. Visit our Ways to Pay page for more information on these options, or call SUB at (541) 746-8451.

For billing questions related to your City of Springfield sewer charges, please call the City of Springfield at (541) 726-3696.

Payment Assistance

If you are having trouble paying your utility bill, help is available. Call SUB at (541) 746-9852 and ask to speak to a customer service representative.

Our representative can talk with you about:

  • Making payment extensions and arrangements
  • Information on local agencies and funds that may be able to help with emergency financial assistance, including Project Share, SUB’s energy assistance program

Visit our Payment Assistance page.