For the hearing-impaired, an interpreter can be provided with 48 hours' notice prior to the meeting. To arrange for this service, call (541) 744-3603.
“The Mission of the Springfield Utility Board is to provide safe, reliable, cost-effective utility-related services to the citizens and businesses of the Springfield community.”
To ensure safe public meetings, we continue to follow current and up-to-date COVID precautions.
October 13, 2021
Executive Session – 5:00 p.m.
The Board will meet in closed executive session pursuant to ORS 40.225 and ORS 192.660(2)(h); attorney-client privilege and to consult with counsel concerning legal rights and duties with regard to pending or potential litigation.
Regular Board Meeting – 6:00 p.m.
Detailed agenda further down the page. The public is invited to join this public meeting via phone or internet. The meeting is scheduled to commence at approximately 6:00 p.m., after the conclusion of the 5:00 p.m. executive session. Members of the public wishing to address the Board will be prompted during the Business from the Audience portion of the meeting. The public may also submit public comment in advance to be entered into the record via email by Noon, October 13, by using our Contact Us form.
Instructions to Join 6:00 p.m. Regular Board Meeting and 7:30 p.m. Special Meeting
Use this one-touch link to join from your computer, tablet, or smartphone: https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/763970301
To join using the GoToMeeting App, enter meeting ID: 763-970-301
Use your telephone for Audio Only Mode – please mute your microphone to cancel background noise:
Call-in: (866) 899 4679 (Toll-Free)
Call-in: (571) 317-3116 (Long Distance charges may apply)
Access Code: 763-970-301
Oregon Relay/TTY: 711 -or- (800) 735-1232
Special Meeting, if needed – approximately 7:30 p.m.
The purpose of this open meeting is to allow time for further discussions, if needed, on SUB’s 20 Year Vision and Board Goals for 2022. This meeting will be held virtually and is to commence after the conclusion of the 6:00 p.m. regular Board meeting.
Regular Board Meeting – 6:00 p.m.
I. Call to Order
- A. Pledge of Allegiance
II. Business from the Audience – 10 min
III. Business from the Board
- A. Consent Agenda – Action Items – 5 min
- 1. Approval of Minutes
- 2. Award/Approval of Bids/Proposals
- a. RFP 14.21, Springfield Substation Foundation and Conduit
- b. BID 2021-31, SSFP Sand Media Placement
- c. BID 2021-35, Hurco Vac300D Vacuum Trailer
- d. Special Procurement No. 02, ACF West Construction – Embedment Liner
- e. Special Procurement No. 03, Wildish Construction – Extended Restoration Area 3. Approval of Accounts Paid Listing
IV. Business from the General Manager
- A. Special Districts Best Practices Update – 5 min
- B. Presentation from BPA – Power Overview – 10 min
- C. Presentation from BPA – Transmission Overview – 10 min
- D. Update on Fiber Extension to Chamber Depot Building – 5 min
- E. Presentation on Residential Electric Vehicle Charger Incentive – Potential Action – 10 min
- F. Project Share Contract with Catholic Community Services – Action Item – 10 min
- G. Discussion on 20 Year Vision and Management Suggested 2022 Goals – 10 min
- H. Board Input on 2022 Goals – 10 min
- I. Update on McKenzie Surface Water Treatment Plant – 5 min
- J. Rainbow Agreement Update – 5 min
- K. Telecommunications Update – 5 min
- L. Update on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion – 5 min
- M. Team Springfield Update – 5 min
V. Other Business from the Board
- A. Board Member Updates – 5 min
- B. Future Board Agenda Items – 5 min
Total Time: 120 min
Special Meeting – October 13, 2021
Board approval at December 8, 2021 Regular Board Meeting
Board: Mike Eyster, Chair; Robert Scherer, Vice-Chair; David Willis; John DeWenter; Mark Molina
Staff: Jeff Nelson; Cindy Flaherty
Remote Staff: Greg Miller; Nicole Dalke
Others: Jeff Paschall
Call to Order
Chair Eyster called the special meeting of the Springfield Utility Board to order at 7:45 p.m.
Management Suggested 2022 Goals Review
Jeff Nelson noted that the Board had been provided an opportunity to review his memo on 2022 Organizational Goals (Exhibit A) and that he would welcome discussion and input from the Board at this time. Following Board input and thorough discussion, Board consensus was to schedule a Board Retreat Work Session sometime in January 2022 for further discussions on 2022 Goals and review of the 20 Year Strategic Vision.
The meeting was adjourned by consensus at 9:00 p.m.
Mike Eyster, Board Chair
Jeff Nelson, Board Secretary