For the hearing-impaired, an interpreter can be provided with 48 hours' notice prior to the meeting. To arrange for this service, call (541) 744-3603.
“The Mission of the Springfield Utility Board is to provide safe, reliable, cost-effective utility-related services to the citizens and businesses of the Springfield community.”
To ensure safe public meetings, we continue to follow current and up-to-date COVID precautions.
Springfield Utility Board Meetings – March 9, 2022
At this time, Springfield Utility Board (SUB) is holding hybrid meetings – remotely, and in-person in SUB’s Board Meeting Room located in the Annex Building at 223 A Street, and may have limited in-person access due to COVID precautions.
Executive Session – 5 to 6 p.m.
The Springfield Utility Board plans to meet in a non-public executive session pursuant to ORS 40.225, ORS 192.660(2)(f), ORS 192.660(2)(h), and ORS 192.660(2)(i); attorney-client privilege; to consider information or records that are exempt by law from public disclosure, including written advice from attorneys; to consult with counsel concerning legal rights and duties with regard to pending or potential litigation; and if time allows, to review and evaluate the performance of the General Manager.
Regular Board Meeting – 6 p.m.
The public is encouraged to join the public meetings via phone or internet. This meeting is scheduled to commence at approximately 6:00 p.m., after the conclusion of the 5 p.m. executive session. Members of the public wishing to address the Board will be prompted to share general comments related to utility business during Business from the Audience, and will be prompted during the public hearings to share input to the Board on the proposed 2022 Budget and proposed utility rates for 2022. The public may also submit public comment in advance to be entered into the record via email by Noon, March 9, by using our Contact Us form.
Instructions to Join 6:00 p.m. Regular Board Meeting
Use this one-touch link to join from your computer, tablet, or smartphone: https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/763970301
To join using the GoToMeeting App, enter meeting ID: 763-970-301
Use your telephone for Audio Only Mode – please mute your microphone to cancel background noise:
Access Code: 763-970-301
Oregon Relay/TTY: 711 -or- (800) 735-1232
Executive Session – approximately 7:30 p.m.
SUB’s Board also plans to meet in non-public executive session, if needed, pursuant to ORS 40.225, ORS 192.660(2)(e), and 192.660(2)(f); attorney-client privilege, to conduct further deliberations with persons designated to negotiate real property transactions and to consider information or records that are exempt by law from public disclosure, including written advice from attorneys. This meeting is to commence after the conclusion of the 6:00 p.m. regular Board meeting.
Regular Board Meeting Agenda – 6 p.m.
I. Call to Order
- A. Pledge of Allegiance
II. Business from the Audience
III. Business from the Board
- A. Consent Agenda - Board Action – 5 min
- 1. Approval of Minutes
- 2. Award/Approve Bids/Proposals
- a. Electric Division Bid 07.22 Distribution Transformers
- b. Electric Division Request for Extension of Temporary Purchasing Changes
- c. Water Division Request for Extension of Temporary Purchasing Changes
- 3. Approval of Accounts Paid Listing
- B. Public Hearing: Proposed 12.74% Adjustment to SUB Water Development System Charges – 15 min
- C. Adopt Resolution 22-1, Approving o Amend SUB Policies - Wate SDCs/DRCs - Board Action - 5 min
IV. Business from the General Manager
- A. Presentation of HR Answers on GM Compensation Review - 15 min
- B. Updates on 16th and Q Street Property - 10 min
- C. Downtown Development - 10 min
- D. APPA Legislative Rally Debrief - 10 min
- E. McKenzie River Surface Water Treatment Plant Update - 10 min
- F. Telecom Update - 5 min
- G. Team Springfield Update - 5 min
V. Other Business from the Board
- A. Board Member Updates - 5 min
- B. Future Board Agenda Items - 5 min
Total Time: 105 min