Springfield is observing el Día de los Muertos during the month of October through mid-November. Springfield Public Library and the Springfield History Museum present free cultural offerings that bring our community together. Free Activities include:
ARTIST WORKSHOPS with Jessica Zapata of Eugene Arte Latino at the Springfield Public Library
- Taller de Arte para madres con Eugene Arte Latino y el museo Jordan Schnitzer on Saturday, October 7, 2023
- Taller de Arte Bilingue: Día de Muertos con Jessica Zapata on Saturday, October 21, 2023
SPRINGFIELD COMMUNITY ALTAR & DAY OF THE DAY PHOTOGRAPHY EXHIBITION hosted at the Springfield History Museum in partnership with Comunidad y Herencia Cultural, Eugene Arte Latino and Día de Muertos Oregon Project
- Exhibit runs October 13 to November 22, 2023
- The entire community is invited to participate! Interested participants may contribute items at the Springfield Public Library or Springfield History Museum now through October 31st.
DAY OF THE DAY PHOTOGRAPHY EXHIBITION in Springfield City Hall Lobby presented in partnership with Comunidad y Herencia Cultural, Eugene Arte Latino and Día de Muertos Oregon Project
- Exhibit runs November 1- 30, 2023
ALL-DAY COMMUNITY ART SAWDUST MURAL themed Tierra Madre/Mother Earth with Salem-based artist Margarito Sumoza of Casa De La Cultura Tlanese
- Wednesday, November 2, 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. in the Springfield City Hall Lobby
- This project made possible by sponsors Beyond Toxics and Springfield Utility Board
INDOOR/OUTDOO DÍA DE LOS MUERTOS EVENT AND PROCESSION in the heart of downtown with live music from Piel de Canela and Mariachi Cuervo, light refreshments and a dedication to the sawdust mural.
- Wednesday, November 2, 2023, starting at 4:45 p.m. in the Springfield City Hall Lobby, ending at the Springfield History Museum
For event and activity information please visit www.wheremindsgrow.org
Springfield Public Library thanks our partners and sponsors including Beyond Toxics, Springfield Utility Board, Eugene Arte Latino, Comunidad y Herencia Cultural, Día de Muertos Oregon Project,and the Spark Fund of the Oregon Community Foundation.
What: Día de Los Muertos, A community-wide month of celebration and remembrance
When: Now through Thursday November 30, 2023; in-person procession on Thursday November 2, 2022, starting at 4:45 p.m.
Where: Springfield Public Library, 225 5th Street, Springfield History Museum, 590 Main St., in Downtown Springfield OR 97477
Additional Information: Mindy Linder, 541-744-3388, firstname.lastname@example.org