Springfield Utility Board is recruiting for a Vehicle Utilityman/Technician
Electric Service Center
Fleet & Warehouse Supervisor
IBEW Local 659
Non-Exempt / Union / Full-Time / 40 hours a week / M - F / 9:30am – 6:00pm
1st 6-months $31.03
2nd 6-months $32.89
3rd 6-months $34.90
4th 6-months $39.09
5th 6-months $40.66
6th 6-months $42.26
Position will start at $31.03/hr. There are six 6-months steps. Advancement to each step is based on satisfactory performance of routine assignments and demonstrated competency in tasks.
Friday, April 12, 2019
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
We are currently reviewing applications and conducting our first round of interviews with those applicants who submitted applications by our first review date of March 1, 2019.
We are still accepting applications. If a candidate is hired during our first round of interviews, the posting will close and we will not review any further applications. If a candidate is not hired during the first round of interviews, we will review applications received by 5:00pm on Friday, April 26, 2019.
PRIOR TO APPLYING, PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE
VEHICLE TECHNICIAN/UTILITYMAN JOB DESCRIPTION
Listed in the job description are the duties and responsibilities of the position,
the required minimum qualifications, and the physical and mental requirements
• Minimum four years of recent experience as a diesel and/or automotive mechanic
• ASE certifications in automotive and truck repair strongly preferred
• Fleet experience in a utility preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Demonstrated current mechanical knowledge and expertise in each of the following areas:
• Heavy equipment power systems (gas and diesel engines)
• Drive trains (transmissions and axles)
• Brakes (hydraulic and air)
• Hydraulic systems (boom and manlift systems)
• Vehicle electrical systems
• Associate’s degree in automotive and/or diesel technology from a community college or other institution.
• A substitute for an Associate’s degree could be six years of recent experience as an automotive and/or diesel mechanic and a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Must possess and maintain an Oregon Class A CDL driver’s license. A new employee hired without an Oregon CDL, must acquire within three (3) months of employment.
• Must possess and maintain an OSHA approved Mobile Crane Telescoping Boom with Swing cab (TLL). A new employee hired without certification must pass the written certification exam within six (6) months of hire, and must complete all requirements for certification within one year of hire.
• Must possess and maintain an OSHA approved Service Truck Crane certification (STC). A new employee hired without certification must pass the written certification exam within six (6) months of hire, and must complete all requirements for certification within one year of hire.
• Must possess Haz Mat Certification and Tanker endorsements. A new employee hired without certification must acquire both endorsements within three (3) months of employment.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION MATERIALS
The following application materials are required:
• Cover letter
• Completed SUB Application for Employment
You may also pick up an application in our Human Resources Office.
SUB encourages all qualified individuals to apply. SUB is committed to cultural diversity, equity and inclusion, and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected status, including disability and veteran status.
Please mail, deliver, or fax your application packet to:
Human Resources / P.O. Box 300 / 223 “A” Street, Suite H / Springfield, OR 97477
Office hours: Monday – Friday / 8:00am – 5:00pm
‹ Return to Job List