DIVISION: Water Service Center
REPORTS TO: Director of Water Engineering and Operations
STATUS/HOURS: Exempt / Non-Union / Full Time / M–F / 8:00 – 5:00
HOURLY RANGE: $38.19 - $44.96
Position will start at $38.19
POSTING DATE: Friday, March 4, 2022
CLOSING DATE: Friday, March 25, 2022
Applications must be received or postmarked by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date.
Please read the Purchasing Agent job description prior to applying for this position to learn the Major Responsibilities of the position and the required Minimum Qualifications. The job description also lists the Physical and Mental Requirements for the position..
- Minimum two years of experience in public sector purchasing which includes material management, researching, developing and writing service procurements and solicitations, i.e., Invitation for Bids (IFB) and Request for Proposals (RFP).
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A degree from an accredited college or university with course work in a business, finance, construction management or a related field OR five (5) years recent purchasing experience and training that indicate possession of the required knowledge, skills and abilities can substitute for a degree.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB) within one-year of hire.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION MATERIALS
The following application materials are required:
- Completed SUB Application for Employment
- Cover letter
SUB encourages all qualified individuals to apply. SUB is committed to cultural diversity, equity and inclusion, and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected status, including disability and veteran status.
You may submit your application packet online or mail to:
Human Resources / P.O. Box 300 / 223 “A” Street, Suite H / Springfield, OR 97477
Office hours: Monday – Friday / 8:00am – 5:00pm
‹ Return to Job List