Springfield Utility Board is recruiting for an Apprentice Station Wireman
Electric Service Center
Electric Engineering Manager and Electric Foreman
IBEW Local 659
Non-Exempt / Full Time / 40 hours week / M - F / 8:00 – 4:30
$37.37/Hr - $46.07/Hr – Position will start at $37.37/hr
Friday, September 21, 2018
Friday, October 5, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.
Applications must be received or postmarked by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date
Before applying, please read the Apprentice Station Wireman job description in full to learn about the duties and responsibilities as well as the required minimum qualifications and physical and mental requirements for the position.
• Recent experience in the electrical field using computer interface for control of electric apparatus (i.e. PLC, SCADA, etc.) or experience using computers for digital simulations (i.e. MATLAB, PSpice, etc.);
• Prior experience installing, configuring, maintaining, repairing mechanical equipment preferred.
• Related experience with electric utility or similar utility preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Proficient in the proper use, safety and care of tools and equipment
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Word and Excel software programs
• Ability to learn the methods, procedures, hazards and safety precautions for working in an energized area
• Demonstrated knowledge in trigonometry
• Proficient interpersonal skills to communicate orally and in writing with staff, supervisors and customers on a daily basis
• Basic problem solving skills within scope of assigned tasks
• Ability to perform work independently
• Ability through on-the-job and/or outside training programs to gain a journeyman level knowledge and skills of the following areas:
• Control wiring
• Power circuit breakers
• Load tap changers
• Substation protection relays
• SCADA control and operation hardware
• Switching orders and dispatching
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Completion of an electric-based apprenticeship program (includes, but not limited to, electrician, wireman, lineman, meterman) or completion of an Associate’s degree in electric or electronic technology
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION MATERIALS
The following application materials are required:
• Completed SUB Application for Employment
The application can be completed online. Upon completion, please print and sign the application. You may also pick up an application in our Human Resources Office.
• Supplemental Questions
• Cover letter
SUB encourages all qualified individuals to apply. SUB is committed to cultural diversity, equity and inclusion, and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected status, including disability and veteran status.
Please mail or deliver your application packet to:
Human Resources / P.O. Box 300 / 223 “A” Street, Suite H / Springfield, OR 97477
Office hours: Monday – Friday / 8:00am – 5:00pm
‹ Return to Job List