Skip to content
- Run a pitcher full of water and keep it in the refrigerator rather than running the tap to get cold water.
- Run your dishwasher only when it’s full. You use up to 12 gallons each time, whether it’s full or not.
- Scrape your dishes prior to loading them; rinsing dishes is not necessary with most dishwashers.
- Don’t run the water when washing dishes by hand. Fill a sink with soapy water and then fill the other side with clean rinse water. If you only have one sink basin, put the sudsy dishes on the counter until you’re finished, and then fill up the basin with clean water for rinsing.
- Use faucet aerators on all faucets. Like the water-saving showerhead, the aerators give you the same water pressure without using as much water.