Starting or Transferring Service

To start utility service or to transfer your account to a new address, call 541-746-9599. Please contact SUB at least one business day before you’d like service to begin or to be transferred to your new address. Generally, you can be connected by 5:00 pm of the first business day following your request.

There is a $15 account processing charge to start or switch service.

In accordance with federal law, SUB will help to fight identity theft by verifying your identity.  We will ask for your name, address, date of birth, social security number and other information that will allow us to confirm your identity.  We may also ask to see your driver’s license or other identifying documents.  If you do not have a social security number, please ask us about other options for opening an account.

You may or may not be required to post a security deposit. It depends on several factors, including your credit history. If a security deposit is required, you may obtain a co-signer, who must be a SUB residential customer and have had satisfactory credit for two years.

Stopping Service

To stop service, call SUB at 541-746-9599 at least one business day before you’d like service to be stopped. There is no charge to stop service, but it’s important that you call because you will be responsible for the utilities used at your current residence or place of business until you tell us to stop service. Be sure to give us a forwarding address so we can send you a final statement. If you paid a deposit, we’ll apply the deposit to your final bill and return any remainder to you.

Temporarily Stopping Service

Going on vacation? SUB will turn your electric/water off for you when you go on vacation and turn it back on when you return. Customers can request this service once per calendar year at no charge. After that, the charge is $15 per request. Call 541-746-9599.