UPDATE: May 1, 2020
In response to concerns about the spread of COVID-19, Springfield Utility Board is taking several measures to protect the health and safety of our customers and employees.
*New relief fund to help more customers.
SUB has established a Covid-19 relief fund available to any residential SUB customer who lives at their service address, has electricity service with us, and has either lost employment as of March 1, 2020 or has no income. Customers can receive a one-time credit of up to $225 that will be applied to the electricity portion of their SUB bill while funds are available.
It is not necessary for the account to be in a past-due status to receive funds.
This program is administered through our partner, Catholic Community Services. To apply, email CCS at ProjectShare@ccslc.org. For those seeking relief because of unemployment, please note that some documentation will be required.
• The 1.25% electric rate increase slated to begin in April has been postponed. The new effective date for electric rates is July 1 for bills rendered on or after August 1.
• The $3.50 fee normally charged for online and over-the-phone payments is being waived until further notice.
• Specially trained staff are standing by to help customers who need extra time and flexibility in making payments. We encourage any customer concerned about their account status to call us at 541-746-8451.
• Customers enrolling in SUB’s AutoPay program beginning March 23 will receive a $10 credit on their bill. Customers enrolled prior to that date have been automatically entered into a drawing for one of 50 $10 credits.
• As per policy, SUB does not charge late fees for accounts in past-due status.
Please note, to reduce the risk of spreading the virus, SUB has closed our office lobbies to walk-in traffic until further notice. All services are available by phone by calling 541-746-8451, including payment arrangements and start/stop service . Our main office drive-thru is also open and takes cash, checks and money orders.
“This is a fast moving, unpredictable situation, and the local impact is still unfolding,” said Jeff Nelson, SUB’s general manager. “We will continue to monitor and evaluate the situation and will make adjustments as necessary to support our customers.”
SUB is coordinating closely with our Team Springfield partners – the City of Springfield, Willamalane, and Springfield Public Schools – regarding COVID-19. Please see their websites for updates on specific programs and services.
For the most up-to-date, accurate information on the virus, including ways you can protect yourself, your family, and your neighbors, please visit the Lane County website.
Con el fin de proteger la salud de nuestra clientela y la de nuestro personal, las oficinas de SUB se mantendrán cerradas para el tráfico directo. El quiosco del drive-thru pueden aceptar dinero en efectivo, cheques y giros postales. Los demás servicios, incluyendo arreglo de pagos, cancelación o inicio de servicios, estarán disponibles por teléfono al 541-746-8451.