Bid IDRFP 2022-02
This will serve as our intent to award, pending Board approval on January 11th.
Terra Nova Landscape & Irrigation
Right-Way Plumbing & Backflow
SECTION I. SCOPE OF WORK
The Springfield Utility Board (SUB) is requesting written proposals from licensed Contractors holding an Oregon Health Authority (OHA) - Backflow Assembly Tester Certification to perform residential backflow testing and reporting for approximately 1,300 backflow assemblies connected to SUB’s water system.
B. PROJECT DESCRIPTION
1. SUB has adopted a Residential Backflow Assembly Testing Program whereby SUB will contract with a licensed, OHA – Certified Backflow Assembly Tester for the purpose of conducting annual testing and reporting. Customers have the option to sign up for the program or hire their own private contractor to test their assembly. The deadline for customers to sign up for the program is June 1st. New and/or existing assemblies added prior to June 1st will be added by SUB to the list of assemblies to be tested. The Contractor will test the enrolled assemblies at the per assembly test unit bid price.
2. The Contractor will coordinate scheduling and program implementation with SUB. The Contractor shall supply all labor, transportation, equipment, materials and tools necessary to complete the Scope of Work included in this Request for Proposal (RFP). Throughout the duration of the contract, the Contractor must secure and maintain all certifications, licenses for backflow testing and insurances as stated in Section 2 – Terms & Conditions.
C. QUALIFICATIONS OF THE CONTRACTOR AND THE CONTRACTOR’S EMPLOYEES
1. The Contractor must have a current and valid certificate of licensure issued by the Construction Contractor’s Board in accordance with ORS 701 and/or license with Landscape Contractor’s Board as required by ORS 448.279 (2).
2. The Contractor and/or applicable employees must have a current, valid OHA-Backflow Assembly Tester certification and valid Oregon Driver’s license.
3. Subcontractors working for the Contractor, must be identified in the submitted bid documents, approved by SUB and possess any and all licenses and/or certifications necessary to perform tests.
4. Contractor and Subcontractors shall maintain all certifications, licenses, and insurances as required for the duration of the contract.
D. TESTING SCHEDULE
The Contractor and/or employees will perform testing from April 1st – September 1st on backflow assemblies for residential SUB water customers.
Statement of Non-Discrimination
We do not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of our activities or operations.
These activities include, but are not limited to, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all volunteers, subcontractors and vendors.