For the hearing-impaired, an interpreter can be provided with 48 hours' notice prior to the meeting. To arrange for this service, call (541) 744-3603.
“The Mission of the Springfield Utility Board is to provide safe, reliable, cost-effective utility-related services to the citizens and businesses of the Springfield community.”
To ensure safe public meetings, we continue to follow current and up-to-date COVID precautions.
May 12, 2021
Special Work Session – 5 to 5:45 p.m.
The Springfield Utility Board (SUB) will meet in a virtual special work session to continue discussions regarding a Board Retreat Work Session and time permitting discuss the General Manager Performance Evaluation. This is an open session; however, the Board does not receive public input during work sessions.
Regular Board Meeting – 6:00 p.m.
The public is invited to join this meeting and will commence at approximately 6:00 p.m., after the conclusion of the 5:00 p.m. special work session. The public will be prompted to address the Board during Business from the Audience. Public comment may also be submitted to the Board in advance to be entered into the record via our Contact Us form by Noon, May 12. Detailed agenda on following page.
Instructions to Join the open sessions of SUB’s Board Special Work Session, Regular Board Meeting, and Special Meeting
Use this one-touch link to join from your computer, tablet, or smartphone: https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/763970301
To join using the GoToMeeting App, enter meeting ID: 763-970-301
Use your telephone for Audio Only Mode – please mute your microphone to cancel background noise:
Call-in: (866) 899 4679 (Toll-Free)
Call-in: (571) 317-3116 (Long Distance charges may apply)
Access Code: 763-970-301
Oregon Relay/TTY: 711 -or- (800) 735-1232
Executive Session – to commence at approximately 7:30 p.m.
Pursuant to ORS 40.225, ORS 192.660(2)(e), ORS 192.660(2)(f), and ORS 192.660(2)(h); attorney-client privilege, to deliberate with persons designated to negotiate real property transactions, to consider information exempt from public inspection, and to consult with counsel regarding pending or potential litigation. This is a non-public meeting and will commence following the conclusion of the Regular Board Meeting.
Special Meeting, if needed – to commence at approximately 8:00 p.m.
The purpose of this open meeting is to allow potential Board action following executive session. The meeting will commence after the conclusion of the 7:30 p.m. executive session, if needed.
Regular Board Meeting – 6:00 p.m.
Agenda – Revised
I. Call to Order
- A. Pledge of Allegiance
II. Business from the Audience
III. Business from the Board
- A. Consent Agenda – Action Items – 5 min
- 1. Approval of Minutes
- 2. Approval of Accounts Paid Listing
- 3. Adopt/Approve Bids/Proposals
- a. WSC Bid No. 2021-17, Pavement Restoration, 4 th St. (E to B Streets)
- b. ESC Bid No. 09.21, Distribution Transformers
- c. ESC Memo, Fuel Truck Update
- B. Further Discussion on Board Retreat Agenda Items – 10 min
- C. General Manager Performance Evaluation – Action Item – 5 min
IV. Business from the General Manager
- A. SUB Financial Analysis Update – 10 min
- B. Mountainvale Net Neighborhood Application – Action Item – 10 min
- C. Property Update – 10 min
- D. Status of Board Priorities – 10 min
- E. Georgia Pacific Property Master Plan – Action Item – 10 min
- F. Telecommunications Update 10 min G. Team Springfield Update – 5 min
V. Other Business from the Board
- A. Board Member Updates – 10 min
- B. Future Board Agenda Items – 5 min
Total Time: 100 min
Special Meeting – May 12, 2021
Board approved at June 9, 2021 Regular Board Meeting
Chair Eyster called the virtual special meeting of the Springfield Utility Board to order at 8:43 p.m.
Board: Mike Eyster, Chair; Robert Scherer, Vice-Chair; David Willis; John DeWenter; Mark Molina.
Staff: Jeff Nelson; Greg Miller; Cindy Flaherty; Joe Leahy and Matt Dahlstrom, Attorneys for the Board.
Business from the Board
Board Action Following Executive Session
Chair Eyster said he would entertain a motion from the Board, based on the discussion during the executive session held earlier tonight.
* Robert Scherer moved to authorize the General Manager to execute a purchase and sale agreement for the purchase of 184 S. 11th Street, Springfield, in the amount of, $257,000 as presented, which shall include demolition of all structures and foundations, the removal of all asbestos and any and all environmental concerns, and the removal of all demolition material prior to closing, as discussed in executive session. This motion carried unanimously 5:0.
The meeting was adjourned by consensus at 8:45 p.m.
Mike Eyster, Board Chair
Jeff Nelson, Board Secretary