For the hearing-impaired, an interpreter can be provided with 48 hours' notice prior to the meeting. To arrange for this service, call (541) 744-3603.
“The Mission of the Springfield Utility Board is to provide safe, reliable, cost-effective utility-related services to the citizens and businesses of the Springfield community.”
To ensure safe public meetings, we continue to follow current and up-to-date COVID precautions.
Springfield Utility Board Meetings – February 9, 2022
At this time, Springfield Utility Board (SUB) is holding hybrid meetings – remotely, and in-person in SUB’s Board Meeting Room located in the Annex Building at 223 A Street, and may have limited in-person access due to COVID precautions.
Executive Session – 5 to 6 p.m.
The Springfield Utility Board plans to meet in a non-public executive session pursuant to ORS 40.225, ORS 192.660(2)(f), and ORS 192.660(2)(h); attorney-client privilege; to consider information or records that are exempt by law from public disclosure, including written advice from attorneys; and to consult with counsel concerning legal rights and duties with regard to pending or potential litigation.
Regular Board Meeting – 6 p.m.
The public is encouraged to join the public meetings via phone or internet. This meeting is scheduled to commence at approximately 6:00 p.m., after the conclusion of the 5 p.m. executive session. Members of the public wishing to address the Board will be prompted to share general comments related to utility business during Business from the Audience, and will be prompted during the public hearings to share input to the Board on the proposed 2022 Budget and proposed utility rates for 2022. The public may also submit public comment in advance to be entered into the record via email by Noon, February 9, by using our Contact Us form.
Instructions to Join 6:00 p.m. Regular Board Meeting
Use this one-touch link to join from your computer, tablet, or smartphone: https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/763970301
To join using the GoToMeeting App, enter meeting ID: 763-970-301
Use your telephone for Audio Only Mode – please mute your microphone to cancel background noise:
Access Code: 763-970-301
Oregon Relay/TTY: 711 -or- (800) 735-1232
Regular Board Meeting Agenda – 6 p.m.
I. Call to Order
- A. Pledge of Allegiance
II. Business from the Audience – 5 min
III. Business from the Board
- A. Consent Agenda - Board Action – 5 min
- 1. Approval of Minutes
- 2. Award/Approve Bids/Proposals
- a. Request for Special Procurement #2022-07.01, Quorum Solution for Cyber Backup & Recovery
- 3. Approval of Accounts Paid Listing
- B. Recognition of Joe Leahy Retirement from Leahy Cox, LLP – 5 min
- C. 2022 Board Goals – Board Action – 5 min
- D. APPA Legislature Rally Resolutions - 10 min
IV. Business from the General Manager
- A. Development Charge Policies – Electric – 10 min
- B. Development Charge Policies – Water – 10 min
- C. Downtown Infrastructure Discussion – 10 min
- D. March Agenda Items – 10 min
- E. Telecom Update – 5 min
- F. Team Springfield Update – 5 min
V. Other Business from the Board
- A. Board Self Evaluation for 2021 Performance – 10 min
- B. Board Member Updates – 5 min
- C. Future Board Agenda Items – 5 min
Total Time: 100 min