DIVISION: Management Information Services
REPORTS TO: Meter Reader Working Foreman & Meter Reading & Billing Manager
STATUS/HOURS: Non-Exempt / M – F / 7:30 – 4:00
HOURLY RANGE: 1st six months $16.98/hr
2nd six months $18.96/hr
3rd six months $21.22/hr
4th six months $22.39/hr
5th six months $24.40/hr
6th six months $26.47/hr
Position starts at 1st six months. Movement to remaining steps is based on satisfactory performance
BARGAINING UNIT: IBEW Local 659
POSTING DATE: Friday, September 28, 2018
CLOSING DATE: Friday, October 12, 2018 by 5:00 p.m. OR when 100 applications have been received – whichever comes first.
Applications must be received or postmarked by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date.
Before applying, please read the Meter Reader/Collector job description in full to learn about the duties and responsibilities as well as the required minimum qualifications and physical and mental requirements for the position.
Minimum of one-year direct customer service experience
Prior utility water and electric meter reading experience desired
High school diploma or equivalent
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Legible handwriting
• Basic math skills sufficient to understand and make accurate calculations using addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
• Ability to be trained and certified to read accurately all types of electric and water meters and to disconnect and reconnect electric meters
• Ability to work independently with consistent productivity
• Ability to respond to customer issues in a professional and customer service oriented manner
Application Materials Required
The following application materials are required:
* Completed SUB Application for Employment for external candidates
* Completed SUB Employee Transfer Application for internal candidates
The application can be completed online. Upon completion, please print and sign the application. You may also pick up an application in our Human Resources Office.
* Supplemental Questions
* Cover letter
SUB encourages all qualified individuals to apply. SUB is committed to cultural diversity, equity and inclusion, and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected status, including disability and veteran status.
Please mail or deliver your application packet to:
By mail: SUB HR, P.O. Box 300, Springfield, OR 97477
In person: 223 ‘A’ Street, Suite H, Springfield
Office hours: Monday – Friday / 8:00am – 5:00pm
‹ Return to Job List