Springfield Utility Board

Home Wiring Problems

Home Wiring Problems

Your home wiring is inadequate if some of the following things are happening around your house:

  • Fuses frequently blow or circuit breakers often trip.
  • Lights are unusually bright or unusually dim.
  • Toasters or irons don’t get as hot as they should.
  • Your television picture shrinks when appliances are turned on.
  • Extension cords trip people up because there aren’t enough outlets.
  • Inadequate wiring can damage your appliances and increase the risk of fire.

Check with a qualified electrician, or call one of SUB’s electrical engineers at 541-726-2395. Note that SUB cannot recommend an electrician.

Did You Know?

  • Public Power Customers Pay Less!
    Public Power Customers Pay Less!
    On average, public power customer in Oregon pay about 21% less for electricity that Oregonians who are connected to private, investor-owned utilities.   …
  • What is BPA?
    What is BPA?
    The Bonneville Power Administration is a federal agency that sells locally generated hydroelectric power to Northwest consumer-owned utilities and other customers. Unlike most …